About .cn domains
|Who can register .CN domains?||Anyone1|
|Domain name restrictions||3-63 characters in length|
|Registration length||1-10 years|
|Renewal length||1-10 years|
|Transfers to GoDaddy||Supported|
|Transfers away||Supported 2|
|Private registration||Not available|
|Protected Registration||Not available|
|Account merge||Supported 6|
|Contact updates||Supported 3|
|IDNs||Supported (not available for com.cn, net.cn, org.cn)|
|Expiration/redemption||Details below 4|
|Refund policy||120 hours (5 days) without exceptions 5|
|Registry||CNNIC - China Internet Network Information Center|
1 Websites & email
To use .CN domain names for websites or email, you must first activate the domain name through real name validation.
2 Transfers away from GoDaddy
- The domain cannot be transferred if domain will expire within 15 days
- A domain cannot be transferred for 60 days following a registration
- Cannot transfer a domain for 60 days after a transfer
- Cannot transfer a domain after a change of registrant for 60 days
3 Contact updates
- If domain has not been activated, contact updates can be made freely.
- If domain has been activated through real name validation, you can only update your registrant organization, first name, and last name by completing real name validation for the new information. Other contact information can be updated freely.
|Days after expiration||State|
|Less than 15||Can be renewed without a fee|
|15-40||Can be renewed with redemption fee|
|Greater than 40||Removed from your account|
Inactive domains will not have the option to update Auto Renew. To have this function you must first activate the domain name through real name validation, or you may cancel the domain.
5 Refund policy
The standard policy for domain refunds applies with the following additions/exceptions:
- Failing to activate a .CN domain through real name validation does not extend the refund timeframe beyond 120 hours (5 days) after initial registration
- Manually renewed domain names are non-refundable
6 Account Merge
- Accounts without .cn domains can be merged into an account with .cn domains, but not the other way around.