Connecting Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
If you have 6 domains or fewer and you'd like to automatically connect your domain name to Wix with our help (we'll do the heavy lifting for you), see Forward my domain .
You can establish a more professional identity for your Wix site by connecting it to a domain name you register through us. Instead of entering your Wix URL to view your site, visitors can enter your domain name. For example, you can point your domain name to www.wix.com/username/documentname.
To Map Your Domain Name to Your Wix Site
- Add your domain name to your Wix account (more info).
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- Select the domain name you want to use, and then, from the Nameservers menu, select Set Nameservers.
- Select Custom, and then click Enter custom nameservers.
- In the first field, enter the nameservers Wix provided. If you need those, you can find them in Wix's help center.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain name's settings to propagate.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Wix.com, Inc.