You can enable SSH in your hosting account. SSH is a secure method of connecting to your hosting account to upload files, move files, and execute commands with the Linux command line.
Note: SSH access is only available for Deluxe, Ultimate, or Developer Managed WordPress plans. SSH access is not available for Basic Managed WordPress plans.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Managed WordPress Websites, click Manage.
- Click the image that matches what you see in your account:
- Click the SSH & SFTP tab.
- Next to SSH Access, click the box to Enable SSH.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click the Settings button under the site you want to make changes to.
- Under Basic settings pannel, click the SSH toggle to enable SSH.
- Now that SSH is enabled, you can connect to your Managed WordPress account with SSH, by using your SFTP credentials.