Installing Zend Optimizer on Your Linux Virtual Dedicated Server
Some of the information in this article is advanced material we make available as a courtesy. Please be advised that you are responsible for properly following the procedures below. Customer Support cannot assist with these topics.
Zend Optimizer is an application that runs files encoded by Zend Guard and enhances the performance of your PHP applications.
Zend Optimizer is only available for accounts using PHP 5.2 or below. For more information, see View or change your PHP version in Web & Classic hosting. Other versions of PHP use Zend Guard Loader. For more information, see .
To Install Zend Optimizer on Your Linux Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- Access your Linux server through SSH. For more information on how to access your server through SSH, see: Log in to my server
- Download Zend Optimizer for Linux x86 to your root directory.
- Use this command to untar the file:
[root@localhost ~]# tar -xvzpf ZendOptimizer-3.3.9-linux-glibc23-i386..tar.gz
- Use this command to copy the appropriate
ZendOptimizer.sointo the directory that corresponds to your PHP version:# cp /root/ZendOptimizer-3.3.9-linux-glibc23-i386/data/5_1_x_comp/ZendOptimizer.so /usr/lib/php/modules/You can check the required directory with this command:# php -i | grep extension_dir
- Use this command to add the appropriate string to your
php.inifile:# echo "zend_extension= /usr/lib/php/modules/ZendOptimizer.so" >> /etc/php.ini
- Restart Apache Web Server.