Set custom nameservers for domains registered with GoDaddy
If your domain name is registered with GoDaddy but hosted through another company (or on a server you control), you'll need to change its nameservers. What those are, we don't know! You'll have to talk to your hosting provider or admin to find out what your custom nameservers should be, and then you can easily set them.
Looks like you're not logged in. If you log in above (under ), we can save you a couple of steps.
- Go to the DNS Management page.
- On the DNS Management page, under Nameservers, click Change.
- Under Choose your new nameserver type, select Custom.
- Enter the custom nameservers your hosting provider gave you and click Save.
After updating your nameservers, allow 4 to 8 hours for other networks to access information for .com and .net domain names, and allow 24 to 48 hours for other networks to access information for all other domain extensions. If you have difficulty, contact our 24/7 technical support team for assistance.
- Learn about Custom Nameserver Restrictions on .com, .net, and .edu extensions.