Verifying Your Business with Get Found
After purchasing Get Found, you will be asked to verify your business. If we match your business profile to an existing listing on one of our partner sites, we want to make sure that you are affiliated with the business before publishing information about the business online. If we do not match your business profile to any partner listings, we still need to verify the information you've provided is valid.
All Get Found customers must verify the business information they submit before their listings can be published on partner sites. Verification is a one-step process, where customers must validate either their phone number, an email address matching their domain or a document displaying their business name and address.
The verification process is in place to ensure you are authorized to claim and publish information to your business listings on our partner sites. This protects your business and our partners so that unaffiliated individuals do not spread incorrect information about your business online.
Note: Until you verify your business, you will not be able to publish your business information.
Options to Verify Your Business with Get Found
When you are prompted to verify your business when you log in to Get Found, you may do so by email, phone, or document. Click on the verification option below that you want to use for more information:
Before verifying your business information by phone, you must be able to accept phone calls at the phone number listed in your Get Found account.
To Verify by Phone
- Select the Phone option as the verification method on the Get Found Welcome page.
- An automated call will be made to the Business phone number on file for your business.
- A 4-digit code will be provided when you answer the automated call.
- Enter the 4-digit code in the verification section of the Welcome page.
- Once you enter your 4-digit code in the verification code field, verification will be complete.
Note: If your business phone number includes an automated message, please verify by email or document.
There is only one way to complete email verification, and it requires having an email address that belongs to the same domain as the one Get Found has on file for the business. If the business owner’s email address does not fit this criteria then (e.g. customer’s domain is www.bobstastypizza.com but his email address is email@example.com, email verification cannot be completed.
To Verify by Email
- Select the Email option as the verification method on the Get Found Welcome page.
- Provide an email address that contains your business’ website URL in the email extension.
- A verification email will be sent with a link to verify your business (check your spam folder).
- Click the verification link in the email to complete the verification process.
Note: If you do not have a business website or an email address that contains your website URL, please verify by phone or document. Get Found will not accept a gTLD (generic top level domain) email address as a contact at this time, but will in the future. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org will not work.
For a document to be valid for verification, it must:
- Include a business name and address that matches the information in the Get Found account. Acceptable examples include an energy bill, phone bill, signed lease, business license or business bank account statement. If you are having issues with verification, please contact Support.
- Be legible and not altered in any way
To Verify by Document
- Select the Document option as the verification method on the Get Found Welcome page.
- Upload a suitable document for review. Our product team will review the document, which can take up to 48 hours to complete.
- Once your submission is verified, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Log back into your business account and launch Get Found.
Note: If a document is rejected, try uploading another document that meets the verification criteria or try verifying instead by email or phone.